Receiver of Taxes, Alicia MacCollum
The Receiver of Taxes in the Town of Salina is an elected position, which consists of a four-year term. The Receiver and staff are available full-time to collect School and County & Town taxes. In addition to collecting taxes, the staff is available to offer assistance and to provide the following:
- Copies of paid tax receipts may be obtained upon request. Taxpayers requesting a paid receipt must bring in or mail their entire bill. A receipt will be returned in person or by mail. If taxes are in escrow, the receipted bill will be forwarded directly to the taxpayer.
- Third party notices are available for property owners, who due to illness or age, wish to have a concerned party also receive a copy of their tax bill.
- Second notices are sent out for unpaid County & Town Taxes as of March 15th.
- Partial payments may be made on the taxes, if there are no delinquencies at the county. The first partial payment may be “any amount” and must be made on or before the due date, with a maximum of four payments for County & Town Collection & three payments for School taxes. Each payment made after the due date must include penalties. After tax collection ends at the town, any balance is payable “in full” at the county.
- No Credit Cards are accepted this season, due to the change to microchips in the cards. We are working on accepting credit, debit and online payments in the future. Thank you for your patience.
Furthermore, any "new property owners" in the Town of Salina should notify the Tax Department as soon as possible. It takes time for changes in ownership to be reported to the Tax Department. Therefore, a tax bill may be sent to the previous owner. So for your own protection, call and advise the Tax Department where you would like your bill to be sent, as it is the homeowner's responsibility to check on the taxes.
Contact the Receiver of Taxes
Receiver of Taxes: Alicia MacCollum
Deputy Receiver of Taxes: Melissa MacCollum
Seasonal Employees: Ann Ross