Parks & Recreation
The Parks and Recreation Department encompasses eight parks, which consist of over one hundred acres of land. In addition, the Town of Salina has four municipal swimming pools, one in each of the four wards, which provide recreational and learn-to-swim programs, seven days a week during the summer months.
If any one event in the History of a Town can best typify an entire time span through which the character and needs of that Town are changed, then the historical photo on the wall on the Town Hall showing the first trolley to Liverpool from Syracuse serves that purpose. The caption on that photo states: "the first trolley to Liverpool in 1903 marked the change of Liverpool from a basket-making community to a residence town for Syracuse employed".
- BURNHAM PARK – Malden Road, Mattydale
- RICHFIELD PARK – Richfield Boulevard, Mattydale (has outdoor pool)
- DUERR PARK – Duerr Road, Liverpool (has outdoor pool)
- PRIMROSE PARK – Primrose Lane, Liverpool
- SUNFLOWER PARK – Sunflower Drive, Liverpool
- WEMESFELDER PARK – Larkin Street, Liverpool (has outdoor pool) (formerly Electronics Park)
- SEHR PARK – Marsden Road, Lyncourt (has outdoor pool) (also location of the Alvord House)
- SCHAFFER PARK – Schaffer Avenue, Lyncourt
Parks and Recreation Office
The Parks & Recreation office is open five days a week at the Town Hall to answer questions, direct services and facilitate your recreational needs from 9:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Phone: (315) 451-8110